The following summarizes the vision of the Mono County General Plan:
The environmental and economic integrity of Mono County shall be maintained and enhanced through orderly growth, minimizing land use conflicts, supporting local tourist and agricultural based economies, and protecting the scenic, recreational, cultural, and natural resources of the area. The small-town atmosphere, rural- residential character and associated quality of life will be sustained consistent with community plans. Mono County will collaborate with applicable federal, state and local entities in pursuing this vision through citizen-based planning and efficient, coordinated permit processing.
In addition, Mono County has been developing a strategic plan through the intensive engagement of staff, officials, the public, and other stakeholders. The 2015 Draft Strategic Plan includes the following components:
Mono County Vision: Outstanding Community Services, Quality of Life Beyond Compare
Mission: To support all our communities by providing superior services while protecting our unique rural environment.
- Community Service: We commit to exceptional service by managing the resources entrusted to us with integrity, trust, respect, and accountability.
- Integrity: We demonstrate our integrity by ensuring our work is performed with consistency, credibility, and confidentiality.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve the highest standards of excellence; continuously learn, develop, and improve; and take pride in our work.
- Collaboration: We commit to responsible communication and respectful partnerships to achieve common goals.
- Innovation: We strive to foster innovation and creative thinking, embrace change and challenge the status quo, listen to all ideas and viewpoints, learn from our successes and mistakes.
- Results Orientation: We strive to set challenging goals, focus on output, assume responsibility, and constructively solve problems.
- Promote a strong diverse economy
- Protect natural resources and enhance public access
- Understand and address community needs
- Support healthy people in healthy communities
- Reward innovation
- Effectively use resources
- Workforce wellness
- Strengthen County culture