INTENT: The “I” designation is intended to provide for heavy industrial uses that may potentially cause moderate to higher degrees of environmental nuisances or hazards.
The functional and visual character of the district is such that it should be located in areas that are relatively remote from residential and commercial development.
- All uses listed as permitted under Industrial Park
- Caretaker unit – one per district
- Heavy-vehicle storage and maintenance
- Adult-oriented businesses conducted in compliance with the locational requirements of Chapter 19 of the Land Development Regulations (set forth in Section VI of this Land Use Element) and with the permit and other operational requirements of Chapter 5.45 of the Mono County Code
USES PERMITTED SUBJECT TO DIRECTOR REVIEW (Director Review Processing, Ch. 31)
- All uses subject to Director Review under the Industrial Park (IP) designation
USES PERMITTED SUBJECT TO USE PERMIT (Use Permit Processing, Ch. 32)
- All uses subject to use permit under the IP designation
- General manufacturing such as batch plant, concrete c, asphalt and textile and lumber mills
- Alternative energy generation plants: photovoltaic, mirrors, and biomass conversion
- Refining of petroleum and its products
- Smelting of metals such as; copper, iron, tin, and zinc
- Waste processing and household hazardous waste management
- Distillation of alcohol
- Auto wrecking and salvage yards
- Commercial excavation and mining of stone and earth materials
- Food processing, canning and similar uses
- Accessory buildings and uses1
- Heavy equipment storage gp
- Firewood processing and storage gp
- Impound yards gp
Minimum Lot Area: 10,000 sf 4
Minimum District Area: 30 acres, except upon finding the dependence of a location on a resource (e.g., gravel pit).
Minimum Lot Dimensions: Width – 75’
Depth – 100’
Maximum Lot Coverage: 80%
Minimum Setbacks: None stated for the district.
Density: Residential uses are not permitted, with the exception of caretakers’ units.
Maximum Building Height: 40’ A greater height may be approved by the Director.
Landscaping: Screening, fences will be required when the character of the proposed use, the size and location of the building site are such as to require screening. Landscaping is encouraged in the front-yard setback. Fence height may exceed 6 feet, but shall not interfere with necessary siting requirements for vehicles.
Location Standards: Before siting a proposed industrial district, proof shall be provided that it conforms to nuisances and hazards requirements of Section 04.250, Nuisances and hazards.
- Accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to any of the permitted uses are permitted only when located on the same lot and constructed simultaneously with or subsequent to the main building.
- Densities stated are based upon availability of both community water and sewer.
- Uses may have been omitted from the list of those specified, hence the Commission may find other uses to be similar and not more obnoxious or detrimental to the public health, safety and welfare. See explanation of interpreting "similar uses" Chapter 04, Uses not listed as permitted.
- Lots requiring individual septic systems are subject to minimum dimensions as determined by the Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board.
Land Development Regulations –
Ch. 04 Development Standards – General
Ch. 06 Development Standards – Parking
Ch. 07 Development Standards – Signs
gp. General Plan addition