County Road Closures

Information current as of 07/26/2023, 1:00 pm. Please check NWS for weather conditions and plan your travel accordingly.  We strive to keep this page up to date with storm and seasonal closures, but please also reference the snow removal link to review our snow removal policy and priorities.

Storm Closures - MONO COUNTY IS IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY. Please be aware that there is a large amount of equipment working to improve access in Mono County.  Please slowdown as you may encounter this equipment a any time.  You may also encounter berms, bumps, snow or ice due to the extreme winter conditions in our area:

Sherwin Creek Rd: OPEN, with some flooding. Please be aware and careful.

Virginia Lakes Road:  Open 

Saddlebag Lake Road: OPEN 

Lundy Lake Road: Open to Resort. Watch for flooding below the dam.

Oil Plant Rd: CLOSED at the intersection of Test Station Rd. due to flooding.

​Upper Rock Creek Road: Open to the Pack Station. Check with USFS regarding Mosquitoe Flats Road.

Benton Crossing Road: Is now open. Please drive slow through damaged areas. Signs are posted.

Cemetery Road in Lee Vining : Closed from the cemetery to Black Point Road. (Due to flooding)

Aurora Canyon Rd: Closed

Parker Lake Road: Open

Burcham Flat Rd: Open


NOTE: Many Forest Service roads ARE IMPASSIBLE in wheeled vehicles. Although certain sections of roads may be dry, large snow drifts exist in the upper elevations and shaded locations, and are impassable in wheeled vehicles. Check local weather forecasts before any visits to remote areas, and be prepared.


Actual road closures and activity will be updated periodically – please consider these notices as warnings, and plan accordingly. Contact the Town of Mammoth Lakes for the status of roads within the town's limits (760-934-8054). Currently, Mono County does not manage snow removal in that area.

Please check  for current information on the status of Caltrans maintained roads.  

Past Road Activities and Projects:

See Projects and Notices page.

If you'd like to report a hazardous road condition on county roads, call (760) 932-5440.
To report a hazardous condition on a State Highway, contact Caltrans at (760)872-0601. For current Caltrans Highway conditions go to or call them at 1-800-427-7623.