County Road Closures
Information current as of: 3/16/2018, 4:30 p.m.
County Roads with Current Closures or Travel Restrictions:
- Cottonwood Canyon Road - Winter closure from north of Dobie Meadows Road intersection to Bodie State Park
- Lundy Lake Road - is closed at the second gate (just past Lundy Dam Road).
- Upper Summers Meadow Road - Continuing closure during bridge construction; abutments completed, pre-fabricated bridge platforms delivered and installed. Remaining tasks include concrete pours for bridge surface, guardrail installation, finish approach grading and signage. The overall completion is anticipated in Spring 2018.
- Rock Creek Road - The road is closed at the first gate after the snow park.
- Virginia Lakes Road - With the heavy snowfall throughout Friday, The Roads Division has closed Virginia Lakes Road as of 3:00 P.M. today. Over snow travel on the closed road is permitted, and should be expected. Moving wheeled vehicles down to the parking area before nightfall to facilitate travel on highways is recommended. Closure determination will be reviewed tomorrow morning and every weekday until further notice. The Road Division Weather forecast for Virginia Lakes can be seen HERE
Actual road closures and activity will be updated periodically – please consider these notices as warnings, and plan accordingly.
Past Road Activities and Projects:
See Projects and Notices page.
If you'd like to report a hazardous road condition on county roads, call (760) 932-5440.
To report a hazardous condition on a State Highway, contact CalTrans at (760)872-0601.