Work at the Polls on Election Day
Join our team!
Mono County is seeking poll workers to serve in future elections in all our polling places. Poll workers provide an invaluable service to the community and have an opportunity to participate first-hand in the electoral process.
- U.S. Citizen
- able to work on Election Day, and
- registered to vote in California or a high school student in good standing and at least 16 years old
- Mandatory training provides all the knowledge and skills needed to do the job. Training focuses on the setup and operation of the polling place and voting equipment, how to process and assist voters.
- $8.50 per hour for mandatory training session and on election day
What is the schedule on election day?
- Full day: 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Can I be a poll worker near where I live?
- Yes, or you can work in another part of the county.
Will I be able to vote on Election Day?
- If you work at a poll that is not near your precinct, it’s best to vote a Vote-By-Mail Ballot before Election Day
How do I become a poll worker?
- Fill out the application below, and either fax it to us at (760) 932-5531, or scan and email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (760) 932-5530 or (760) 932-5537