Ways to Vote
Polling places exist for the following Precincts. For more information, please refer to Where To Vote.
- Precinct 1 - Antelope
- Precinct 3 - Bridgeport
- Precinct 4 - Tri-Valley (Benton, Hammil Valley, Chalfant)
- Precinct 5 - June Lake
- Precinct 7 - Long Valley
- Precinct 8 - Mammoth Meadow
- Precinct 9 - Mammoth Minaret
- Precinct 10 - Mammoth Pinecrest
- Precinct 12 - Mammoth View
- Precinct 13 - Old Mammoth
Any California registered voter may request a Vote-by-Mail ballot. Voters may cast Vote-by-Mail ballots in person in the Elections Office no earlier than 29 days before an election and extends until the close of polls on election day. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.. The office is open until 8:00 p.m. on election day.
All registered voters in California will receive a ballot in the mail.
After you have voted, insert your ballot in the envelope provided, making sure you complete all required information on the envelope. You may return your voted Vote-by-Mail ballot by:
1) Mailing it to your county elections official (Check with your post office to make sure you have sufficient postage)
2) Returning it in person to a polling place or the elections office in your county on Election Day;
3) Returning it to one of six ballot drop boxes in the county; or
4) Authorizing a relative or person living in the same household as you to return the ballot on your behalf.
Regardless of how the ballot is returned, it MUST be postmarked by the time polls close at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, and received in the Elections Office no later than 17 days later (November 20, 2020). Late-arriving Vote-by-Mail ballots will not be counted.
When your Vote-by-Mail ballot is received by your county elections official, your signature on the return envelope will be compared to the signature on your voter registration card to ensure they match. To preserve the secrecy of your ballot, the ballot will then be separated from the envelope, and then it will be tallied.
Mono County Ballot Drop Box Locations
|Ballot Box Precinct
||Ballot Box Location|
Antelope Valley Community Center
442 Mule Deer Dr, Walker, CA 96107
Bridgeport Memorial Hall
73 N. School St, Bridgeport, CA 93517
Chalfant Community Center
123 Valley Rd, Chalfant Valley, CA 93514
June Lake Community Center
90 W. Granite St, June Lake, CA 93529
Crowley Lake Community Center
58 Pearson Rd, Crowley Lake, CA 93546
Mono County Civic Center
1290 Tavern Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Provisional / Conditional Voting
Most common circumstances when an election official will ask a voter to cast a provisional / conditional ballot are:
- First time voters: If the voter cannot provide proof of identification.
- Vote-By-Mail voter who appears in person and does not relinquish their unvoted vote-by-mail ballot.
- Voter has moved within the County and did not re-register.
- Voter who is not on the polling place roster for an unknown reason.
No provisional / conditional ballot is counted or precluded from being counted until the elections official goes through the detailed process to determine whether a voter's provisional ballot should be counted. (Elections Code sections 14310-14311, 15350, and 15100-15112.)
Provisional / Conditional Voters may confirm the status of their provisional / conditional ballot through the following free access phone number: (866) 327-0201.