No Party Preference Voters

Registered to Vote with No Party Preference?

As a voter who declined to provide a political party preference, you are considered a "No Party Preference" (NPP) voter, and your primary election ballot will not have presidential candidates on it. Any voter that has declined to disclose a political party preference on their voter registration may request a one-time ballot for a political party that is allowing cross-over voting in the presidential primary election. 

You can request a "cross-over" ballot with presidential candidates by submitting a No Party Preference Cross-over Ballot Notice and Application (English Application | Spanish Application). Return your application to the Mono County Elections office in person, by mail, email, or fax.

Mono County Elections
74 N. School Street, Annex I
PO Box 237
Bridgeport, CA 93517
Office: (760) 932-5537
Fax: (760)  932-5531

The below-listed political parties are allowing crossover voting in this election:

  • American Independent Party
  • Democratic Party
  • Libertarian Party

If you want to vote for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican parties' presidential candidates, you must re-register with that specific party. To re-register to vote online, go to If you need to re-register after February 20, 2024, you can do so in person at a polling place or the Elections Office.