In Home Supportive Services
- Domestic and related services such as housecleaning, meal preparation and clean-up, laundry, and grocery shopping.
- Personal care services such as feeding, bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility and transfer assistance, and paramedical care.
- Protective supervision.
- Ancillary services consisting of accompaniment to medical appointments, fittings of health-related devices, or sites where alternate resources provide care in lieu of IHSS.
Eligibility includes but is not limited to:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien.
- Live in their own home or home of their choosing (acute care facilities, long term care facilities, licensed community care facilities are not considered "own home").
- Be eligible for or receiving Medi-Cal benefits.
How to Apply
There are several options available. You can request an application be mailed to you or pick one up at any of our county offices.
Introduction and Services
This video provides a brief summary of the IHSS program, including basic eligibility criteria, the home visit process, available services and supports, and the care provider selection process. Click here
Mono County Access & Functional Needs (AFN) Registry
This registry website allows residents with access and functional needs an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies so those agencies can better serve them in a disaster or other emergencies.
Note to IHSS Recipients and Providers
OVERTIME AND WORKWEEK VIOLATIONS Effective May 1, 2016, changes to IHSS Program are scheduled for implementation that will enforce the consequences for overtime and workweek violations.
Conditions Triggering Violations
Providers can incur up to four violations for violating the workweek limitations, with progressive consequences, which are being implemented. IHSS providers will incur a violation for:
- Working more than 40 hours in a workweek for a recipient without the recipient getting approval from the county when that recipient’s maximum weekly hours are 40 hours or less.
- Working more than the maximum weekly hours or maximum over time hours without the recipient getting approval from the county.
- Working more than 66 hours in a workweek when a provider works for more than one recipient.
In an effort to assist the recipients and providers in scheduling their time to avoid any violations, Mono County has developed an IHSS Workweek Calculator to assist you in planning your work schedule. Please note that when using this form to input numbers in time format using the colon character (i.e. 10:30 or 283:00) and keep in mind any hours you may have worked in the last week of the prior pay period so as to not go over your maximum weekly hours or maximum monthly overtime hours.
If you have any questions about this form or need assistance, please feel free to contact the Mono County Social Services office at 760-924-1770 or the Public Authority office at 530-495-2700.
IHSS Work Week Calculator - see supporting document below.