March 10, 2023: Due to the winter storm and potentially dangerous conditions, the Community Development Department will be offering remote services only. Please contact us at 760-924-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mammoth Office: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 5 pm. Closed for lunch from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
Bridgeport Office: Bridgeport Office: Until US 395 re-opens in Mono County, Community Development Department services are available in Bridgeport remotely and by appointment only. Please contact us at 760-924-1800 or email@example.com.
The mission of the Compliance Officer is to preserve, protect and enhance the unique scenic, historic, geologic and recreational aspects of our county to create a safe and desirable environment to live, work and play through compliance with the Mono County Code of Ordinances.
This includes responding to complaints, helping to design conditions and provisions of permits, reclamation plans and environmental documents, and monitoring and enforcing those same codes, conditions and provisions.
We strive to provide enhanced service to the community by the following actions:
- Increase public outreach and education to assure compliance
- Investigate citizen complaints in a timely manner as resources permit
- Develop creative solutions for correction of violations
- Encourage voluntary compliance for correction of violations
- Utilize enforcement procedures when voluntary compliance fails
- Assist department staff in drafting permit conditions to ensure feasible compliance
- Assist department staff at the front counter in answering questions and reviewing application submittals
- Coordinate field inspections and field investigations with department staff