Lost and Found Program
There are many ways to get the word out when your pet goes missing. Here are a few of our recommended resources...
- Contact our shelters the moment you notice your pet missing. Shelters are the first place a person will go when they find a lost pet. You may also fill out our lost animal report using the form below.
- Whitmore Shelter: 760-935-4734
- Bridgeport Shelter: 760-932-7407
- Docupet, Mono County's dog licensing provider, is also a lost pet resource. If your dog is licensed with Docupet, be sure to report your pet as lost. They will post a notification on the website.
- Social Media If you submit a missing pet report here, we will post on your behalf to our Facebook and Instagram pages. There is also a Facebook page (not managed by Mono County Animal Services) called Lost and Found pets of Mono County that you can post to as well.
Below are some helpful resources...
** Remember that it always helps to lay out a used article of your clothing to give your pet a scent to come back to. Place them at the spot where you lost your pet and check that spot periodically.
Lostmydoggie.com is a recommended resource to get the word out. Please note that this site is not owned or operated by Mono County Animal Services. Follow the link below...
PetCo Love Lost allows the pet owner to search for their pet in all participating shelters. Upload a photo of your pet and their facial recognition program will search through the shelters' database.