Walker Fire Update - Final (Lee Vining)
Date: August 31, 2015
Subject: Walker Fire is contained
The Walker Fire is 100% contained today and in patrol status.
The following areas are opened or reopening:
• The Parker Lake Road (1S25)
• The Walker Lake Road (1N17)
• The Sawmill Canyon Road (1S24)
• All spur roads associated with these main roads
• The trail to Mono Pass (trailhead is at Walker Lake)
• The Upper Horse Meadows Road (1N16)
• The Gibbs Road (1N18)
• The 1N06 Road
Many of the fires the Inyo National Forest fire crews are responding to are human-caused fires. Please remember, do your part to prevent your wildfires. Maintain your vehicles, be sure you are towing your boat or trailer safely, and follow the forest’s fire restrictions. Do your part: one less spark, one less wildfire.
(Photo is courtesy of Incident Commander Levi Ray and shows the range of low, moderate, and high severity fire behavior seen on the #WalkerFire.)