Formal Appeal and Request to be Heard before the Assessment Appeals Board


If you disagree with an assessment made by the Assessor, you have the right to appeal that assessment to the Assessment Appeals Board by filing an Assessment Appeal Application. Once the application has been filed and accepted with the Clerk of the Assessment Appeals Board, a hearing date will be set, at which time you will be notified by mail at least 45 days in advance of the date of your hearing. The Assessment Appeal Application is available below.

Send completed application and filing fee to:

Mono County Clerk's Office
Attn:  Assessment Appeals Board
PO Box 237
Bridgeport, CA  93517-0715

Helpful Resource Links:
California State Board of Equalization Appeal Process
Video  - California State Board of Equalization Assessment Appeals
Residential Property Assessment Appeals: "Publication 30"
Assessment Appeals Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)