About the Local Transportation Commission
The Mono County Local Transportation Commission (LTC) meets the second Monday of each month at 9 a.m. in the Town/County Conference Room, Minaret Village Mall, Mammoth Lakes, or by videoconference at the CAO Conference Room, Annex 1, Bridgeport.
The LTC is the county's designated Regional Transportation Planning Agency. The Mammoth Lakes Town Council and the Mono County Board of Supervisors appoint three commissioners each. The director of Caltrans District 9 sits at the table with the LTC to facilitate Caltrans participation and advice on Commission matters. The LTC acts autonomously in filling the mandates of the Transportation Development Act.
Primary duties of the LTC:
- Prepare, adopt and submit a Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) every four years;
- Prepare a Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) for the Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the California Transportation Commission (CTC) every two years;
- Review and comment annually on the Transportation Improvement Plan contained in the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP);
- Provide ongoing administration of Transportation Development Act (TDA) funds;
- Prepare and submit the annual Overall Work Program; and
- Allocate funds periodically for Transportation Alternatives (TA).