Mono County

Welcome to Public Works - Solid Waste

  • Solid Waste FAQ's

    Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Solid Waste system in Mono County, along with links to additional resources.

    1. How do I dispose of wood, soil, trash, metal, appliances, oil, hazardous waste, etc?

    The best way to determine how to dispose of a given item, and the associated cost for dumping the item (including items that are accepted for no charge) can be found by looking through the Fee Summary for the landfill or transfer station you wish to visit.

  • Recycling Rangers

    The Recycling Rangers program connects volunteers with County recycling infrastructure so they can redeem CRV materials for cash, offset their County Solid Waste fees, and reduce our carbon footprint.


    If you are interested in volunteering for this program, please contact Tony Dublino at tdublino [at] mono [dot] ca [dot] gov, or by calling 760.932.5453.



  • Recycling
    Mono County provides 6 recycling facilities within the county. These facilities are extensions of our Transfer Stations, where separated recyclables can be dropped off, and transported to processing centers.
  • Landfills and Transfer Stations
    Mono County operates 7 disposal facilities, 3 of which are active landfills. To find out additional information about each facility, what is accepted, hours of operation and other information, follow links below.
  • Solid Waste Task Force

    The Solid Waste Task Force is a diverse group of citizens with a stake in the operations of the Solid Waste Program in Mono County. The group is governed by a set of bylaws that were adopted in September 2012 by both the Mono County Board of Supervisors as well as the Town of Mammoth Lakes Town Council.