Mono County

Formal Assessment Appeals

If you do not agree with the Assessor’s opinion of value, you have the right to formally appeal your property tax assessment. To do this, you’ll need to contact the Mono County Clerk’s Office at (760) 932-5530 and ask for an ‘Application for Changed Assessment’ form. You must file the Application for Changed Assessment between July 2nd and November 30th. You will then have the opportunity to present your case in front of the Assessment Appeals Board at a later date.