The Mono County Board of Supervisors adopted the Fiscal Year 2014/2015 budget calendar. The Budget Town Hall meetings for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 are scheduled to begin May 5th and will conclude May 27th. This is the second year these meeting are being held to strengthen public participation in the Mono County budget development process. These meetings are in addition to the required public hearing process. They are for the public to learn about budget issues and provide input in shaping County priorities.
The meetings will follow the same format in each community and are being held at night to enable greater participation. The format will include:
1. Welcome and opening comments from district County Supervisor(s);
2. Overview of County budget including process and timeline;
3. Discussion of economic factors that will affect the 2014-2015 overall budget;
4. Open discussion forum to provide feedback, ask questions and make budget suggestions for Board consideration;
5. Wrap up and discussion of next steps.