Bridgeport Winter Trail System
Trail Last Groomed On:
The Bridgeport Winter Trail System was last groomed on January 20th, 2022. Grooming is intermittent in exposed and thin areas. The system will benefit from additional snow, to lay Nordic Track.
As a reminder, please respect closures to wheeled vehicles. This program is anticipated to continue through April 1, 2022 weather permitting.
Please download the Bridgeport Winter Trail Map .pdf (at bottom of page) for high resolution map and more details.
* For updates & information on Nordic Grooming in the Mammoth Lakes Trail System and Obsidian Dome, please visit: https://www.mammothtrails.org/trail-conditions/
This 4.25 mile (8.5 mile out & back) groomed winter trail provides an excellent opportunity to kick and glide with access to Buckeye Hot Springs day-use area and incredible views of the Bridgeport Valley, Bridgeport Reservoir, and the Hunewill Hills. This U.S. Forest Service trail-system is groomed and maintained by local volunteers.
Winter 2021/22 Operations & Etiquette:
* Grooming and plowing operations are weather dependent. Jan-April.
* Please respect TEMPORARY winter closures - NO WHEELED VEHICLES BEYOND CLOSURES
* Please park in staging areas identified on map DO NOT BLOCK ROADWAY - PROVIDE ACCESS FOR SNOW PLOWING AND EMERGENCY VEHICLE OPERATIONS
* Camp Like a Pro! ESSRP.org/camping RESPECT PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESPASSING
* Do not ride or walk in cross country ski tracks.
* Respect other trail users. Be courteous and yield right of way according to etiquette code. All users yield to grooming machines
* Over-Snow-Vehicles (OSV) yield to all other users. SPEED LIMIT IS 15 MPH
* FAT BIKES: Yield to other non-motorized users. Do not ride in soft conditions - If you leave a rut deeper than 2 inches, it’s too soft.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow