The Facilities Division of the Mono County Department of Public Works operates and maintains the following recreational sites throughout the county. Park establishment (Est.) dates are based upon available records.
Bridgeport Park - lands acquired in 1968, 1970 & 1975. Old Hospital/Museum site in 1940. Park Est. 1970
Bridgeport Ballfields & Skate Park - Ballfields constructed 1984-1985, Skate Park in 2007
Bridgeport Reservoir Boat Access & Marina - Land acquired 1964
Chalfant Park - L.A.D.W.P. lease est. 1981
Crowley Lake Ballfield - opening day May 28, 2010
Gull Lake Park (June Lake) - est. 1968, L.A.D.W.P. lease 1969
Guss Hess Park (Lee Vining) - L.A.D.W.P. lease est. 1975
Hilton Creek Park (Crowley Lake) - L.A.D.W.P. lease est. 1976
Ida Lynn Parkinson Park (Benton) - Park site acquired through donation in 1982 (Res. 82-26)
Lundy Canyon Campground - Calif. Elec. Power Co. Lease est. 1961, (now S.C.E.)
Mono Lake Park - L.A.D.W.P. lease Est. 1970
Mtn. Gate Fishing Access Park (Walker River Cyn.) - lands acquired 1999 & 2010. Major Park improvements began in 2008
Peter L. Marzano Ballfield (June Lake)
Walker Park & Ballfield - park lands acquired in 1974, 1975, 1977, & 1983. Ballpark was renovated in 2008
Whitmore Park and Pool - Parcel owned by L.A.D.W.P. and has been leased by the Town of Mammoth Lakes since the mid 1980's. Initially the Whitmore Pool was leased by Mono County from L.A.D.W.P. in 1979, with major pool improvements in the early 1980's. Historically the warm springs fed pool was in use since the 1930's.